* * SEPTEMBER – OCTOBER & MARCH – MAY * *
The Center for Continuing Education and Chautauqua Lake Community Sailing Foundation created an exciting partnership to offer a non-credit learn to sail course for individuals age 18 years and older. Come learn skills and confidence from a knowledgeable and certified instructor on all aspects of sailing. Experience Chautauqua Lake from a different perspective, sailing on its water! Make sailing a part of your lifestyle! The course is offerd for both the fall and spring semesters. Contact the JCC for the most current start dates.
Jamestown Community College Sailing Course*
2018 Spring Course Schedule
Tuesday & Thursday, TBD
Jamestown Campus, Carnahan Building, Room 120
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday, TBD
CLCSF, 2 West lake Street, Lakewood NY 14750
6:30 p.m.—8:30 p.m.
Cost: $375 * CRN # 4582
Any individual age 18 or older, regardless of skill, is welcome to learn how to sail in a positive environment consisting of social interaction and fun. Upon completion of the course, participants will possess a foundational understanding, confidence and skills to sail. The class entails a total of 36 hours of instruction, which includes a combination of classroom and on-the-water instruction. Also included are a U.S. Sailing textbook, availability of appropriate sailing gear and use of CLCSF’s sailboats, which are 420’s.
This course is designed to enable participants to:
- Comprehend and Demonstrate knowledge of all points of sail.
- Comprehend safety knowledge surrounding all aspects of sailing.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the right terminology of the parts of the boat.
- Demonstrate the skill of rigging.
- Comprehend and Demonstrate ability to sail upwind and downwind.
- Demonstrate the skill of starting and stopping.
- Demonstrate the skill of tacking/jibing and tiller movement.
- Demonstrate the skill of returning to dock.
- Demonstrate the skill of up-righting a capsized boat.
Three Ways to Register…
Call the Continuing Education Office at 716.338.1005 if using a credit card.
Use the attached form found on the brochure and mail form and check to:
JCC, Center for Continuing Education, CARN Building
525 Falconer Street, Jamestown, NY 14702-0020
Come into the Center for Continuing Education (Carnahan Building) to register in person. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
2 West Lake Street, Lakewood NY 14750 | P.O. BOX 291 Lakewood NY, 14750 | (716) 720-1550 | SailCLCSF@gmail.com