* * March – June & September – October * *
The Course begins training in a classroom setting at Jamestown Community College, with textbooks offered. Midway through the course, participants will then move to practical application of what they have learned by sailing boats on Lake Chautauqua provided by CLCSF at their location on Lakewood Beach. Please make note of the day/location changes listed below. For further information please don’t hesitate to contact Coach Hunter Farris.
10% off Cost for Registration until April 8th!
CLCSF will be offering 10% off the total cost of the sailing course for all registrants up until April 8th, so be sure to take advantage of the this offer!
Jamestown Community College Sailing Course*
2019 SPRING Course Schedule
April 16 – May 7, 2019 (Classroom portion of the course)
Jamestown Campus, Carnahan Building, Room 123
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays
May 14 – June 20, 2019 (on the water practices)
Lakewood Beach, 2 West Lake Street, Lakewood NY 14750
6:30 p.m.—8:30 p.m. Tuesday/Thursdays
Cost: $375 * CRN # 3946
Any individual age 18 or older, regardless of skill, is welcome to learn how to sail in a positive environment consisting of social interaction and fun. Upon completion of the course, participants will possess a foundational understanding, confidence and skills to sail. The class entails a total of 36 hours of instruction, which includes a combination of classroom and on-the-water instruction. Also included are a U.S. Sailing textbook, availability of appropriate sailing gear and use of CLCSF’s sailboats, which are 420’s and Precision 185s.
- Comprehend and Demonstrate knowledge of all points of sail.
- Comprehend safety knowledge surrounding all aspects of sailing.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the right terminology of the parts of the boat.
- Demonstrate the skill of rigging.
- Comprehend and Demonstrate ability to sail upwind and downwind.
- Demonstrate the skill of starting and stopping.
- Demonstrate the skill of tacking/jibing and tiller movement.
- Demonstrate the skill of returning to dock.
- Demonstrate the skill of up-righting a capsized boat.
Three Ways to Register…
Call the Continuing Education Office at 716.338.1005 if using a credit card.
Use the attached form found on the brochure and mail form and check to:
JCC, Center for Continuing Education, CARN Building
525 Falconer Street, Jamestown, NY 14702-0020
Come into the Center for Continuing Education (Carnahan Building) to register in person. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
2 West Lake Street, Lakewood NY 14750 | P.O. BOX 291 Lakewood NY, 14750 | (716) 720-1550 | SailCLCSF@gmail.com